Technology for monitoring the photovoltaic plants performance
SunSniffer GmbH & Co. KG
Monitoring of solar plant performance could be the most efficient when measurements taken at the very source of electrical energy – PV module. Development of a sensor for such application poses technically challenging task due to several restrictions:
- Cost of the sensor must be extremely low because it is added to PV-module cost
- Cost of the monitoring equipment and installation efforts must be kept low
- Maintain measurement precision while working in outdoor environment
As a solution, we developed novel DC powerline communication technology which was granted several patents. Complete traceability of every device achieved through automating of production QA process.
Project know-how and IP
- “Method for monitoring individual photovoltaic modules in an arrangement that comprises several photovoltaic modules and device for performing said method”, WO 2011000505 A8, CN102473764A, CN102473764B, DE102009031839A1, DE102009031839B4, EP2449643A2, EP2449643B1, US9070281, US20120197569, WO2011000505A2, WO2011000505A3, WO2011000505A4
- “Method for disconnecting a photovoltaic assembly and photovoltaic assembly”, US 20140311546 A1, DE102010054354A1, EP2652857A1, WO2012079742A1
2. Cost effective hardware for PV-module monitoring through:
- Original DC power line communication method (patent protected)
- Cost optimized hardware and firmware design
- Automation of production QA process
3. Reduction of operational costs through:
- Remote equipment monitoring and diagnostic (IoT)
XXV Specialist symposium for Photovoltaic in Bad Staffelstein – 2nd Innovation Award in 2010.
Firmware, Hardware and Software development, Industrial design support, production support.